Secrets that we are happy to share
Bonus material? Here you go.
Our favourite spot under Bolzano’s arcades, the coolest shops and boutiques, adventures that will open your mind. Our Library of Secrets is filled with insider tips for your stay in South Tyrol’s capital. Ready for dolce vita in the Alps?
It’s always shopping time.
- Arts & Crafts represents interior design at its finest – located at Piazza delle Erbe, it offers unique pieces, stylish accessories, sculptures, jewellery, and clothing. Anything but off the peg. Drop by and get inspired – you won’t regret it!
- Follow your nose – your sense of smell will take you straight to Parfümerie Thaler under the arcades. The highlights are waiting on the second floor: particularly interesting, rare fragrances, soaps and perfumes that take you on a sensory journey!
- Find the style that fits your identity – at Boutique Victorienne by Charlotte Marschall. Luxurious brands, contemporary designs, exclusive clothes – everything the shopping heart desires.
It’s always aperitivo o’clock.
- A real must: Strolling through Bolzano’s old town and heading to Weinboutique Lisa for an aperitif. The friendly host and wine enthusiast has all the favourite wines of the people of Bolzano, who meet here on Saturday mornings to ring in the weekend. Our recommendation: a glass of Franciacorta – probably the finest of all sparkling wines in Italy.
- Do you appreciate an exclusive aperitif with all the trimmings? Bolzano is your heaven: Fischbänke, Franzbar, Café Museion, Nadamas, Pims, Banco 11 – the choice is yours!
- Only a short hop from Bolzano: Vineria Paradeis in Margreid along the South Tyrolean Wine Road. A wine bar where you can try the fine wines of the Lageder Winery, which are grown biodynamically. Controlled cultivation of the wine and small culinary delicacies: Their meat comes from the oxen raised in the vineyard.
It’s time to get active.
- A walk or a run along Oswald Promenade will reveal to you all the splendour of South Tyrol's Mediterranean vegetation: the fertile vines of the surroundings, the mighty mountains, and the lush meadows along Talvera/Talfer river – plus the unique view of the city. Take your time and broaden your horizon.
- The northern shore of the Laghi di Monticolo/Montiggler Seen is easily accessible by bike or on a leisurely hike. Enjoy the sun and … jump from the eight-metre-high cliff into the cold water. Just you and this moment, unforgettable.
- Laghetto di Fiè/Völser Weiher: at 1,036 metres above sea level, a biotope surrounded by striking peaks awaits you. Bathing with a view of Sciliar/Schlern, a landmark of South Tyrol – and best of all: a quick detour to Alpe di Siusi/Seiser Alm, the largest high Alpine pasture in Europe, is worthwhile all year round.